We're one step closer to 5.1.0.
If you try this release, please give me any feedback you have. Even if you don't have any problems.
This is a release candidate. That means that there are no known bugs and it just needs some more testing before the final release. Be on the lookout for any bugs and please report them at the support forum.
If you are upgrading from an old version, make sure to BACKUP YOUR DATA first because the upgrader has not been extensively tested.
You can get it at the downloads page: http://www.aardvarktopsitesphp.com/index.php?page=downloads
Here is a list of changes since 5.0.3:
- When an edit form or join form has errors in it, the user is presented with inline error messages
- RSS feed of the top 10 sites (overall and by category) via feed.php
- New admin stuff:
- - Topical links to the manual for confusing options on the settings page
- - Google-friendly links is now an option
- - Option to email admin when a new review is posted
- - Custom pages: easily add static content to integrate with your topsites (FAQ, rules, etc.)
- - Profanity filter
- - Overall stats displayed on main page
- More robust in non-standard environments (no <?=, handles weird files in languages dir)
- Major performance increase in rankings.php for lists with lots of sites per page
- Hits in from search engines are filtered to prevent cheating
- Language list is ordered alphabetically
- Minor skin tweaks
- When a category name is edited, sites currently in that category are moved to the edited category
- Categories containing ampersands (&) work correctly
- Admin does not allow you to delete the last category
- Minor search improvements (UI and sorting)
- When users join lists that require admin approval, they are warned that they will not be listed immediately
- Uses preg_replace_callback() instead of preg_replace() to speed up skin parsing
- - 10% faster skin parsing results in 1% faster overall script execution