Aardvark Topsites PHP 5.2.0 Beta Released

The latest news can be found here.

Postby Gamecock » 2007-05-20 04:27 pm

Jeremy Scheff wrote:the total stats page might be in 5.2.0... if not, it will be in a version soon after

EXCELLENT News!
Gamecock
Advanced Member

Re: Initial e-mail to new members is blank

Postby Jeremy » 2007-05-20 04:42 pm

jaysteele wrote:I just uploaded the 5.2.0 beta version (NOT RC1). The admin e-mail that is getting sent to notify me that a new member has signed up is blank and has no subject. My member settings has the "Require new members to be approved before being listed" set to "On".

Jay

are other emails working? can anyone else comment on this?
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby deny » 2007-05-21 03:52 am

Jeremy Scheff wrote:phpbb updates have been very small. updates from, say 2.0.12 to 2.0.13 is usually just a couple lines. this is similar to the update here from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2. however, moving up to 5.2.0 indicates a more significant change. this is more similar to phpbb's impending version 3.0 (which was originally called 2.2.0). i really doubt they will provide a diff to go from versoin 2 to version 3. too many changes. while this change is not as significant as phpbb's, it is still unweildy.

i think that diff is getting confused by some unix and windows newline changes, which is why that diff includes some entire files. i'm not sure what the best way to fix that would be. blame microsoft for having weird newlines? sorry i can't be more helpful.

for small upgrades (and maybe for large upgrades in the future now that the newline issue has been resolved), it is easy to generate diffs. you can do it yourself here. for example, you can compare revisions 138 and 141 and see what changed between the beta and rc1. even that looks rather nasty.

phpBB always provide all changes (even with big jump from v1x to v2x and it will be from v2x to v3x) but ok phpBB have all team of people and you are here alone.However some kind of easy way will be more than appreciated.
Actually the biggest problem is with skins. Skins give a face of topsite and at least what i heard there a lot changes into skins and with new files old skins maybe should not works? True?

It will be nice if you can provide list of files that has been changed.It should be actually possible to trace changes by comparing files if we know which files has been changed but skins... it is another story.
deny
Advanced Member

Postby Jeremy » 2007-05-21 12:34 pm

to upgrade skins from old versions: http://www.aardvarktopsitesphp.com/manu ... _skins.php

i really really really doubt that phpbb will include a list of changes from 2 to 3 that people can manually apply. if i'm wrong, please correct me with a link. a quick search of their website turned up nothing.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Re: Initial e-mail to new members is blank

Postby jaysteele » 2007-05-22 03:14 pm

Jeremy Scheff wrote:are other emails working?

Jeremy:

Yes, the confirmation e-mail that goes to new members is working fine. I set up a test member just to check. The only thing that is messed up is the admin notification e-mail - subject and message are blank, although it is getting sent so if I get a blank e-mail from myself, I know what it is! :D

Jay
jaysteele

Previous

Return to News