This is probably the last release before the final version of 5.2.0. Since RC1 it has added an overall stats page which some of you may find cool. Besides that there are no big changes.
To upgrade from RC1, upload the new skin file (stats_overall.html) along with all of the .php files besides settings_sql.php. If you are more curious, you can see all the changes in SVN, as always.
My current plan is to release 5.2.0 final on either the 30th or 31st.
Want to help translate Aardvark Topsites PHP? At the downloads page you can see which languages are already supported in version 5.2 and which are supported in version 5.1. To update a translation from version 5.1 to 5.2, just translate the text in this file. If you want to translate it into a new language, you'll have to do the whole language file. Either way, email translations (along with your name and URL for credits) to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
For people who have not been following the development, here is a brief list of changes since version 5.1.2:
- Option in the admin to fill empty rows with "Your Site Here"
- Backup database tool in the admin
- A more secure captcha, with a link for users to get a new captcha if the user
can't read the first one
- Redesigned gateway page for the Fusion skin by OS-Mark
- Banning of sites by URL, IP address, username, email
- Optional security question on join to block spammers
- By default, new members must be approved by the admin before they are listed
and changes to the title or URL of a site must be approved by the admin
- New skin file table_wrapper.html to easily display things only on ranking
- Overall stats page with complete overall stats
- Summary of overall stats displayed on the main page
- Password confirmation on the join page to prevent typos
- Unapproved sites will not be automatically deleted for inactivity
- Validates $_SERVER before use
- Displays the banner max width/height in the join and edit forms
- When you enable admin approval of new members, the welcome email is delayed
until you approve the site
- button.php only displays a button for valid, approved members
- Users cannot create their own categories by bypassing the join/edit forms
- Under normal usage, there should be no PHP error messages, even at E_ALL
- Users pending approval will not be allowed to login to the user control panel
- Checks if allow_url_fopen is On before checking banner size and checking for
the latest version
- Missing </option> tags were added so that all pages should validate as XHTML
- user_cp.php renamed to user_cpl.php because of mod_security on some servers
- Several small fixes that have been omitted from this list for brevity