4.2.0 RC1 Released

The latest news can be found here.

Postby Jeremy » 2004-04-24 11:16 pm

You can download it <a href='http://www.aardvarkind.com/?page=downloads' target='_blank'>here</a>.

RC1 has fixed several bugs from the beta and it should be a pretty stable release, although nothing is guaranteed.

This is a release candidate in the strictest sense of the term. There are no known bugs, so if you find one, please report it as soon as possible. If none are reported in a few days, this version will become the final version.

Currently, the only language is English. If someone wants to translate it into another language, use the 4.1.1 language file as a reference. Only the lines that have //4.2.0 at the end have been changed.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby ofivefivesix » 2004-04-26 02:20 am

All set up. :) Just to let you know, I know nothing about PHP but here's what I've found so far.

Firstly, I use ssi.php to display the top members on my main site and got the following error:

----------
Warning: fopen("/home/unprovo/public_html/lush/skins//ssi_top.html", "r") - No such file or directory in /unprovo/public_html/lush/sources/template.php on line 21

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /unprovo/public_html/lush/sources/template.php on line 23
----------

I changed line 20 in template.php to:

----------
$file = $CONFIG['skins_path']."/Default/".$filename.".html";
----------

and it's working fine again.

Secondly, the admin panel looks fine when I go to admin.php, but I can't log in. When I submit my password I get this:

----------
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: file_get_contents() in /unprovo/public_html/lush/admin.php on line 808
----------
ofivefivesix
Advanced Member

Postby Jeremy » 2004-04-26 03:58 pm

thanks for the feedback. you may not know php, but you obviously have some critical thinking skills and that's much more important :)

about the ssi.php thing: there's always something i forget to test, and this time, it was ssi.php. it's a simple fix, just find this code in ssi.php:
Code: Select all
require_once 'config.php';

after that, put this line:
require_once $CONFIG['path'].'/config_skins.php';

then find this:
// Template functions
require_once $CONFIG['path'] . '/sources/template.php';

and change it to this:
// Skin stuff
if ($FORM['skin_name']) { $TMPL['skin_name'] = $FORM['skin_name']; }
else { $TMPL['skin_name'] = isset($CONFIG['skin'][$FORM['cat']]) ? $CONFIG['skin'][$FORM['cat']] : $CONFIG['default_skin']; }
if (!is_dir($CONFIG['path'].'/skins/'.$TMPL['skin_name'])) { $TMPL['skin_name'] = $CONFIG['default_skin']; }
require_once $CONFIG['path'] . '/sources/template.php';

thanks for letting me know about that bug.

about the file_get_contents() error: that's because you're using an older version of php. to fix it, just add this code to functions.php:
function file_get_contents($filename, $use_include_path = 0) {
 $file = @fopen($filename, 'rb', $use_include_path);
 if ($file) {
   if ($fsize = @filesize($filename)) {
     $data = fread($file, $fsize);
   }
   else {
     while (!feof($file))  {
       $data .= fread($file, 1024);
     }
   }
   fclose($file);
 }
 return $data;
}
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Jeremy » 2004-04-26 06:37 pm

i already uploaded the bug fix, so if you download rc1 now it will include the bug fix. you can upgrade to rc1 now, so far there haven't been any major issues. you can wait until the final version if you want, but it's always nice to have more people test it. if you decide to use rc1, please tell me how it works.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Jeremy » 2004-04-26 09:58 pm

it will be simple to go from rc1 to final. basically, you'll just have to upload the .php files.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Matt » 2004-04-27 05:45 pm

Why have you created the parse_form() function? You can just use array_merge($HTTP_GET_VARS,$HTTP_POST_VARS)
Matt
Advanced Member

Postby Jeremy » 2004-04-27 06:10 pm

that wouldn't fully duplicate the functionality, although this probably would:
$FORM = array_map("strip", array_merge($HTTP_GET_VARS,$HTTP_POST_VARS));
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Matt » 2004-04-27 06:32 pm

Here is a nother thing you could do in sources/templates.php

Change:
  $skin = preg_replace("/<#include=\"(.+?)\">/ei", "file_get_contents('\\1')", $skin);

To
  $skin = preg_replace("/<#include=(\"|'|)(.+?)(\"|'|)>/ei", "file_get_contents('\\2')", $skin);

It will just allow you to ether have ", ' or nothing to surround the file location, it just makes it more flexable to newbies.

Oh ye, I have also made a quick mod wich I will test and send to you or what ever.
Matt
Advanced Member

Postby Jeremy » 2004-04-30 04:40 pm

you have the beta. there was little changed between the beta and rc1, but i'll upgrade you to the final version when it comes out. that'll probably be in a day or two unless someone reports a bug.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Jeremy » 2004-04-30 06:16 pm

i don't really keep an exact list of things i change. i know i probably should. but yea, you just upload the .php files (except the config ones).
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Next

Return to News