trouble installing clickmanager

Support and whatever about Click Manager.

trouble installing clickmanager

Postby mountainbuilder » 2004-08-03 02:19 pm

hey - i've correctly configured and installed the script (including the CHMOD settings) and have checked and rechecked to make sure everything is correct, yet i'm still having problems viewing the stats.cgi file. this is my error when i try to visit the stats.cgi file:

>>>>>>>>>>
Software error:
./template.html

No such file or directory, stopped at stats.cgi line 142.
>>>>>>>>>>

i have the template.html in my cgi-bin and also in my default html directory. is it supposed to be somewhere else for this to work?

brooks
yuprocks.com
mountainbuilder

Postby Jeremy » 2004-08-03 04:14 pm

try setting $dir to your full path near the top of stats.cgi.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

got it

Postby mountainbuilder » 2004-08-03 06:27 pm

hey man....figured it out on my own. got it all worked out.

my question now is how long it keeps track of the clicks for? like i noticed that there is the current day's clicks, then from yesterday, then from 2 days ago, and then from 3 days ago. if longer than three days ago are those click statistics just plain gone? i was planning on using this to charge advertising clients for pay per-click advertising, but i would need to keep track of it on a monthly basis...you know, get a monthly total. it would be even better if i was able to store those statistics somewhere permanantly too. can clickmanager do this?

also, sorry about posting in the wrong forum before. thanks.

brooks
mountainbuilder

Postby Jeremy » 2004-08-03 06:39 pm

for individual urls, it keeps track of hits forever. the today/yesterday/3 days ago thing is separate from that, and the stats are deleted after that.

this script really isn't suited towards ad management. i suggest you go with something like phpadsnew.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Return to Click Manager