Permissions

Support and whatever about Click Manager.

Permissions

Postby Bradbury » 2004-10-04 08:27 pm

Dear Support,
First, I have used Clickmanager for months and I have found it brilliant - thank you. But now we have just moved over to a new server and I am having trouble getting it to work. It is a Windows 2003 Server. I have configured application extensions on it as follows:
.cgi Executable c:\perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s
Verbs Limit to : GET,POST,HEAD
Script engine box is checked
Verify that file exists is unchecked

I have uploaded you files, and the stats.cgi works fine, showing as before but all the data at zero.

However, when |I try to summon the clickmanager.cgi page, I get the error message:
Software error:
d:/0832/mchairsinfo/cgi-bin/clickmanager/date.txt

Permission denied, stopped at D:\0832\mchairsinfo\cgi-bin\clickmanager\clickmanager.cgi line 35.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Please could you advise me on how to configure permissions so that I can get this to work. In IIS Manager, if I right-click my site on the server, I am offered a menu called Permissions - but it seems more concerned with permisssions for administrators.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

John
Bradbury

Postby Jeremy » 2004-10-04 09:32 pm

i'm not sure honestly, i never work with windows servers. just try messing with the permissions, i guess.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Bradbury » 2004-10-08 05:31 am

Hi - I sorted it out. I right-clicked the date.txt, total.txt and clickmanager.txt files in Windows Explorer, and enabled "write" under the security tab.

Thanks again for this great product.
Bradbury

Postby Bradbury » 2004-10-08 05:31 am

Hi - I sorted it out. I right-clicked the date.txt, total.txt and clickmanager.txt files in Windows Explorer, and enabled "write" under the security tab.

Thanks again for this great product.
Bradbury

Return to Click Manager