Has the DDOS Button.php vulnerability been addressed?

Can't get it installed? Not sure how a feature works? Then post here.

Has the DDOS Button.php vulnerability been addressed?

Postby Motorhed » 2012-01-10 09:41 pm

As per subject.

I used this script in the mid 2000s, and saw DDOS attacks that never ended.

My URL still gets DDOS attempts despite the script not being installed for years. Button.php doesn't exist, yet there are still attempts to reach it. (Not normal hits, floods of hits.)

So has this been addressed at all over the years... in any way?

I'd sort of like to revamp my site for 2012, try to make a comeback, etc. but I don't like other scripts as much as I enjoyed this one.

I had even gotten custom code for $100+.

The DDOS attack caused my webhost to cancel my account and delete my files to "protect itself", so I'm definitely not retrying if nothing at all has ever been done to address this.

(I know any site can be DDOS attacked, but if there's a specific file on a specific script being targetted, something needs to be done.)
Motorhed
Advanced Member

Re: Has the DDOS Button.php vulnerability been addressed?

Postby Jeremy » 2012-01-31 10:04 pm

In general, it's difficult/impossible to defend against DDOS attacks, even if it's "a specific file on a specific script being targetted". But that's not really a vulnerability, so there's nothing that can really be done about it.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Re: Has the DDOS Button.php vulnerability been addressed?

Postby BigSmoke » 2012-05-07 12:35 am

There is one cheap answer for ddos: cloud service

I use the free version of cloudflare.com, but its only work on a server, you have to change the nameservers of your domain... ^^

it hide the real ip adesse of your server and show the ip from the cloud service.
BigSmoke

website design in bhubaneswar

Postby alphaconfig » 2012-07-14 04:19 am

There are a huge company rushing towards the website designing and devloping.but we have to choose one of the best company that gives satishfaction to our requirements also affordable prices.for that reason Alphaconfig Solution is the right path to go for.
alphaconfig

Return to Support