Topsite Problems

Can't get it installed? Not sure how a feature works? Then post here.

Topsite Problems

Postby Makaveli2003 » 2006-01-21 10:47 am

Hello

I change my password within my cpanel now am receiving this messages -

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'strictly_topsite@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/strictly/public_html/topsites/sources/drivers/mysql.php on line 22
Access denied for user: 'strictly_topsite@localhost' (Using password: YES)

:arrow: Am using Aardvark Topsites PHP 4.2.2

Can somebody help me.
Makaveli2003

Postby Jeremy » 2006-01-21 12:42 pm

edit config.php to reflect your new password
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Makaveli2003 » 2006-01-21 01:55 pm

I edit config.php which I see my new password listed $CONFIG['sql_pass'] = ***** I try adding the old password back and saving the file and am still seeing the error message. I try adding back the new password and the error still there.

Could you tell me exactly what I should do, Am a newbie when it come to topsites.

Thanks for replying back so quickly.
Makaveli2003

Postby Jeremy » 2006-01-21 05:40 pm

you have fields for database, username, and password. set the correctly and it will work. i don't really know how else to explain it.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Makaveli2003 » 2006-01-21 07:37 pm

What would be the correct setting? My Username and Password is display within the database.

$CONFIG['sql_user'] = '***_******';
$CONFIG['sql_pass'] = '********';

If I remove the password I get this error

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'strictly_topsite@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/strictly/public_html/topsites/sources/drivers/mysql.php on line 22
Access denied for user: 'strictly_topsite@localhost' (Using password: NO)

Add a password to the database and receive this error

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'strictly_topsite@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/strictly/public_html/topsites/sources/drivers/mysql.php on line 22
Access denied for user: 'strictly_topsite@localhost' (Using password: YES)

So is it a username and password problem :?:
Am I missing a code which is creating this problem :?:
Makaveli2003

Postby Jeremy » 2006-01-21 09:47 pm

there is honestly nothing else i can tell you. if the correct password is there, it will work. it was working fine with your old password, right?
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Makaveli2003 » 2006-01-22 03:25 am

It was working fine with my old password, I went into my topsite control panel and change the password, Saved, and from there on am receiving this error.

Earlier you said "edit config.php to reflect your new password", I edit my config.php and my new password was listed within the database, so I try resetting it back to my old password and saved the config.php file and the problem continued I reset it back to the new password and am still receiving this error message.

Let me ask you a question Mr Scheff, what do this error message main? It can't main that I added the wrong password? If so then what is the right password :?
Makaveli2003

Postby Jeremy » 2006-01-22 03:42 am

the error message means that the script can't log into the mysql database for one or more of the following reasons:
1. incorrect username
2. incorrect password
3. incorrect permissions
since you said you just changed the password, i would have to assume #2. the script just takes the login info right from config.php, so if the right stuff is there, it will work.

now, maybe there is some confusion here. in your first post, you say, "I change my password within my cpanel." in your most recent post, you say, "I went into my topsite control panel and change the password."

if you only changed the password in admin.php of the topsites script, then you didn't change your mysql password. you just changed the stored value in config.php. to change your mysql password, you would need another tool such as cpanel.

if the stored password in config.php is not the same as your mysql password, the script will not be able to log in.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Return to Support