This is the anti-spam release.
It is currently translated into Bosnian, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Polish, Romanian, and Russian. Other languages should follow soon, hopefully.
Upgrading is supported for version 4.1.0 or higher. Here is a list of changes:
- Option in the admin to fill empty rows with "Your Site Here"
- Backup database tool in the admin
- A more secure captcha, with a link for users to get a new captcha if the user can't read the first one
- Redesigned gateway page for the Fusion skin by OS-Mark
- Banning of sites by URL, IP address, username, email
- Optional security question on join to block spammers
- By default, new members must be approved by the admin before they are listed and changes to the title or URL of a site must be approved by the admin
- New skin file table_wrapper.html to easily display things only on ranking pages
- Overall stats page with complete overall stats
- Summary of overall stats displayed on the main page
- Password confirmation on the join page to prevent typos
- Unapproved sites will not be automatically deleted for inactivity
- Validates $_SERVER before use
- Displays the banner max width/height in the join and edit forms
- When you enable admin approval of new members, the welcome email is delayed until you approve the site
- button.php only displays a button for valid, approved members
- Users cannot create their own categories by bypassing the join/edit forms
- Under normal usage, there should be no PHP error messages, even at E_ALL
- Users pending approval will not be allowed to login to the user control panel
- Checks if allow_url_fopen is On before checking banner size and checking for the latest version
- Missing </option> tags were added so that all pages should validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- user_cp.php renamed to user_cpl.php because of mod_security on some servers
- Several small fixes that have been omitted from this list for brevity
Beta versions have been downloaded over 1000 times this past month, so this release should be stable. If you have any problems, please post in the support forum.