Can the cool Totalstats mod somehow be included in v5.2?

Various mods to change or add features.

Can the cool Totalstats mod somehow be included in v5.2?

Postby Gamecock » 2007-01-24 12:39 pm

I finally found time to try the unofficial TotalStats mod and, I must say, that is a really nice feature.

Funk19, the guy who created this and has offered it to the ATS community for FREE, deserves some major kudos!

I have been hoping that this mod could somehow be included in the new v5.2 which is, hopefully, coming out fairly soon. (Many are hoping for this month!)

Below is a link where you can read about it and get the needed files. The instructions are very clear and it is explained in easy to follow steps for sure.

http://www.osempire.com/community/showthread.php?t=6711

As all Aardvark Topsite List owners know, version v5.10 offered a new set of impressive statistics in the admin area. It's a really professional feature!

Unfortunately, our member sites and users have not been able to see this data. That is until Funk19 decided to create a FREE mod to make that possible.

Here's an example from one of my own top site lists:

http://www.carolinasites.com/index.php?a=totalstats

Before version 5.10, I had always wondered how many times my 88x31 button Top Carolina Sites List had been downloaded in aggregate by all members sites.

I was amazed to find the total was over One MILLION!

Now that total is approaching TWO Million and I want to be able to show that to others. I also think that is a way for us to get even more sites to sign up too!

Here's the "problem" however... As you will see from the first link above, there are some minor validation issues with this mod. No code errors per se, but a few warnings that could probably be easily corrected.

If this could somehow be turned into an offical mod, then Jeremy could easily fix these minor issues. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is much of anything that Funk19 can do to correct the warnings.

If YOU would like to be able to show off your stats to everybody, now you have a way to do it. But, if we can get this feature included in a future version, that would be even better! Jeremy is such an amazing code wizard, he could probably add this new feature in just a few minutes! :lol: I sure hope he agrees and decides to add it (eventually). Maybe if we all asked very nicely?

But even better, if enough of us agree to DONATE for his time and effort, maybe he will agree to add this?

I, for one, will agree to do just that. Is there ANYONE with me on this? It will take several of us!

Please step up to the plate and say YOU are also willing to make a donation for this truly KILLER feature! It WILL help us ALL to recruit more new members for our top site lists. Please speak up, NOW!

Thanks in advance to everybody who agrees to help.
Last edited by Gamecock on 2007-02-17 03:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gamecock
Advanced Member

Postby Jeremy » 2007-01-25 06:31 pm

a similar feature is on my todo list. donations are always appreciated, but it probably won't make things any faster. i would not bet on the next version being done before the summer.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Thanks for good news and timetable update...

Postby Gamecock » 2007-01-26 08:15 am

It's GREAT to hear this feature is on your to-do list!

By Summer, I should have some impressive statistics for the NEW project I've been working on with your script. :D

http://www.topsitesamerica.com/

I probably would have had that up and running by now, but it will launch with another site at the same time.

http://www.americanbannerexchange.com/

I've been planning this for some time and when it opens, (SOON!) it should be ready to come out of the Google Sandbox to get off to a fast start. In fact, American Banner Exchange has just come out recently.

Oh, while I have your attention Jeremy, have you heard about the new debugging tool Firebug? It's an AWESOME new extension for the Firefox browser and, best of all, it's FREE! Please go get it and let me know what you think of it. It's listed up at the top of the list in the Most Recommended category, so it is easy to find. I had heard raves about it in beta, but the new v1.0 Final version was just recently released.

http://www.getfirebug.com/

If some type of Total Statistics does make it in 5.2, I will make a donation to you as a thank you for it!
Last edited by Gamecock on 2007-03-28 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamecock
Advanced Member

Postby Skaitiklis » 2007-02-14 08:08 pm

Maybe somebody can help to set this nice MOD not in separate page, but on Home Page? Cheers
Skaitiklis

Postby Gamecock » 2007-02-15 08:04 pm

Skaitiklis wrote:Maybe somebody can help to set this nice MOD not in separate page, but on Home Page? Cheers

Well, a link from ALL pages is the next best thing!

And considering large size of it (and lack of color), I would think you'd like it as a separte page too.

You are probably in the minority, but let's just hope v5.2 includes something similar (maybe a short and long version?) as a new additional feature. That would be GREAT! Those numbers can be mind-boggling.

Instead of asking here, you should probably post this in OSEmpire message thread about this unofficial mod.

http://www.osempire.com/community/showthread.php?t=6711

In here, we should probably all just try to convince Jeremy to make it an OFFICIAL mod or add it into v5.2!

I've stated I will make a donation if it gets added. Is there ANYBODY ELSE with me? If so, say so NOW! :D
Gamecock
Advanced Member

Postby Jeremy » 2007-02-16 06:29 pm

gamecock: just for you, i have moved this from my low priority list to my high priority list, so it will be in 5.2.0. unless, of course, something causes me to move it back to the low priority list.

of course, 5.2.0, will probably not be until the summer... "waiting is, until fullness"
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Postby Gamecock » 2007-02-17 03:19 am

Jeremy Scheff wrote:gamecock: just for you, i have moved this from my low priority list to my high priority list, so it will be in 5.2.0.

WOW! That is just AWESOME News! Thank you VERY Much!

Jeremy Scheff wrote:unless, of course, something causes me to move it back to the low priority list.

Naw, there should be a very low possibility of THAT ever happening! Besides, Funk19 (Major kudos to him again NOW!) has created an EXCELLENT Head Start for you and he's fine with you using ALL of what he did to make it MUCH easier for you. I'm SURE it will NOT take very long at all for a PHP wizard like yourself!

There should be absolutely NO reason for you to EVER change your mind about this. Those numbers are just WAY too amazing for the list owners to keep private. Please excuse my attempt(s) at subliminal persuasion above. You see, I'd like to be able take credit for convincing you! LOL

Jeremy Scheff wrote:of course, 5.2.0, will probably not be until the summer...

Hey, that's cool. Being able to show overall stats to the public WILL be a SUPER new feature that WOULD convince people to upgrade to the NEW latest version!

OK, I'll chill with my sublinal persuasion techniques now. But, read this reply over again a few more times, just to be on the safe side. Hehe Seriously, THANKS!

Oh, and I will make my donation to show appreciation.
Gamecock
Advanced Member

Postby PPNSteve » 2007-02-17 11:16 am

this is a great mod and it REALLY should be a part of the next release.. Thanks Funk 19 fir the great idea and mod.. and thanks Jeremy for wanting to include it in 5.2

now for the rest of newness in 5.2 we can only wait or guess.
PPNSteve
Advanced Member

Postby Jeremy » 2007-02-17 02:35 pm

ppnsteve: the development process is fairly open. http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/atsphp/trunk ... rev=0&sc=1 contains everything i have planned.
Jeremy
Supreme Diety

Return to Mods